Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The End is Near!

Hey y'all! 
We are literally in the home stretch! Can you believe it because I sure can't.  Next Monday will be the beginning of the last six weeks and we will be working hard to finish out the year strong. We have been working hard in Room 30, but it is going to take some major classroom management to get us past this spring fever. 

For this reason, I decided to link up with Michelle and Katie over at Queen of the First Grade Jungle and Fabulous in First for their Surviving till Summer link up! 


1.
To know me at all you have to know that the beach is my safe haven, my go to vacation, and the one place that can put me at ease completely. I chose to get married near the beach because I knew that I would be in complete peace just smelling the sand and salt water. You think I am exaggerating, but me and the beach go way back. So for our one year anniversary and summer vacation, my husband is taking me back to the place where we got married and we have rented a little house near the beach. The countdown to this view is helping me survive till summer!


2. 
Second, I will be using a lot of Go Noodle in the classroom to get rid of all of our wiggles! The kids are loving the Pop See Ko number two and if you have no idea what I am talking about then you should absolutely check it out!

Image result for gonoodle

3.
Third, I plan to use a form of countdown similar to Amy's at Step into Second Grade to give the students something to look forward to those last two weeks of school! I want learning to take palce, students to be motivated to finish strong, and for them to show excellent behavior. I am hoping this countdown will do just that! The days will look something like this: 
Day 10-Sidewalk Chalk
Day 9- Popcorn
Day 8- Game Day
Day 7- GoNoodle Party
Day 6- Lemonade
Day 5- Bubble Gum 
Day 4- Bubbles
Day 3- Movie Day
Day 2- Ice Cream
Day 1- End of the year party 
I plan to integrate an educational aspect into each one of these days and use the rewards as an incentive for excellent behavior! 

4. 
Last but not least, the last six weeks I am going to implement the Secret Student management strategy. I will pick a student each day and write their name on the secret student slip. I will tape it to the board each morning and remind the students throughout the day that they might be the secret student and in order to get their reward at the end of the day, they must be on their very best behavior. If the student has excellent behavior, they will receive a coupon from our coupon binder. If the student did not have a good day, I will take the secret student down and say that the secret student will not be revealed and will not receive their reward for the day because they were not on their very best behavior. I can just see the students perking up throughout the day when I say, "Remember you might be the secret student today!". I created this Secret Student freebie below! 


Follow the blog and leave your e-mail below to receive this behavior incentive freebie!
(Freebie ended)
What will you do to survive till summer? Share your ideas and link up here! 





11 comments:

  1. Cute idea!! I need to save it for next year! And do you need an assistant for your vacay?!? LOL Looks beautiful! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan,
      If you bring your little cutie then you can absolutely be my assistant! I can get my baby fix and you can get your beach fix! Miss you!

      Delete
  2. Love your behavior incentive ideas! I may have to borrow them!

    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mallory,
      Thanks so much for your comment! As teachers we beg, borrow, and steal..so borrow away! Love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Love the secret student freebie. Would love to have it
    Sparetimehats@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headed your way Laura! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. This is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alexis!

    What an adorable blog!! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Click here for the details ;)
    http://apinchofkinder.blogspot.ca/2015/04/liebster-award.html

    Let me know if you accept it so I can read your post!

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE This secret student resource sinead-mcauley@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love your blog. Could I get the secret student freebie? My email is gotmilk2010@aol.com

    Thanks!
    Briana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin