Monday, December 1, 2014

I'm Back!

Hey Y'all, I'm back!

Oh...my....goodness. Has it really been TWO months since I blogged? I feel so guilty for deserting this little piece of my heart for the last two months, but I have good solid reasons. Well ok....not super solid and writers block is all I can really come up with. Don't get me wrong, we have been all kinds of busy in second grade! We have covered things all the way from double digit addition and subtraction with regrouping to main idea and folk tales. We have compared numbers, used number lines, written letters, studied verb tenses, and anchor charted till we are blue in the face. I just lost all momentum to write about it.

But I couldn't stay away for long...I read a post by another fabulous blogger talking about how as teachers we must find the joy and the passion in our profession on a daily basis. She wrote that in the days of testing, data, budget cuts, rigor, and standards, that it is often easy to loose our stamina and our love for the job. As I was reading, I remembered what a ray of positivity and light that this blogging world brings! Reading about other teachers' creative ideas and admiring the work of others who are in the same tiny little classrooms creating magic every day gives me a sweet little reminder of why I started.

Now that all that emotion is out of the way.... is there some type of sale going on? Oh yes! THE SALE of the year on TPT.


This cute little graphic came from Rachel Lamb over at The Tatooed Teacher. If you live under a rock and have not heard, Teachers Pay Teachers is having a site wide sale with the code TPTCYBER, and most stores are an additional 20% off including mine!

I have recently uploaded my newest product Baking Words: A word work activity pack that I have been using just about every day in my classroom during Daily 5 rotations, small group intervention, and even whole group. This printer friendly, print and go pack includes silent e, lots of vowel teams, digraphs, and will be updated several times in the next month with even more activities. My kids literally LOVE these activities and I am not just saying that because I made it. They love the interaction of making words by spinning and graphing, word sorting, scooting, and building words with the paper letter tiles. This pack works for advanced kinders, first graders, and second graders.  It is currently on sale in my store so go take a look and load your cart before the sale ends!



I had my cart loaded and ready to go yesterday and I think I might need a few more things before the sale ends! I hate passing up a good deal.

Before I go, I wanted to link up with Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her Currently link up!

Head over to her blog if you want to join in on the fun, and you read it right... I am giving away my Baking Words Pack to a lucky someone! Here is how you enter...

Go to my Instagram at mrshudgenshearsawho and like the giveaway photo. Tag two friends who might enjoy the giveaway and the winner will be chosen Wednesday, December 3rd!

Thanks for reading and it feels good to be back!




5 comments:

  1. Caught you from the Currently link up! I know what you mean about how long it takes to blog! I have also been away from blogging for a while. I need to get back in the blogging groove! Is there some kind of support group we can join? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,
    I, too, have been having trouble finding things to blog about. Serious writer's block! I love the advice about finding the joy & passion- blogging is definitely a good spot for joy and passion! :) Thanks so much for sharing your currently. Have a great day!
    Happy Teaching,
    Cassie
    Adventures in Teaching (A First Grade Blog)
    My TpT Store
    Follow Me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pulled out a stack of papers to grade (or 7 stacks rather) from my bag last night...oops! Glad you remembered why you began blogging in the first place...welcome back! Have a wonderful Christmas season this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super guilty of taking an unintentional blogging break...so I feel ya girl! Adorable blog! xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin