Thursday, September 25, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Hey there! 
I am here with a quick throwback Thursday post. For those of you who don't know, I taught Kinder my first two years. Today I thought I would do a throwback of my favorite Kindergarten activities that I used in the past.

First, I will say I loved Miss Kindergarten! Most of the products I used in Kinder were from her and I love her teaching style! She has that organized, everyone has a place, systematic way to Kinder that I love. I also loved that Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade started teaching Kinder and had the most amazing, creative, hands on activities on her blog the last few years. There are so many UH-mazing kindergarten blogs out there. With that said, here is are my favorite Kindergarten activities. 
First, I LOVED using Miss Kindergarten's Let's Write Monthly Journal Writing for weekly morning work! Every Friday I had the kids write in their monthly journals, and at the end of the year I wrapped up all of the journals as a gift for parents. It was amazing to see their progression in writing!

Second, I loved Miss Kindergarten's I'm Done Now What activities for fast finishers. This pack had everything I needed to set up an area for those kids who zoom through their work. 

Third, who doesn't love the Moffatt Girls? They must spend all their time creating these huge packs because they put out TONS of them all the time. Anywho...I loved their Word Family Word Work to put in my word work center! I also used these pages for morning work later in the year. 

I told you I love Miss Kindergarten and her print and go packs are no exception! Her Fall Print and Go was perfect for beginning of the year small group, intervention, and literacy center activities. I may or may not have bought every print and go pack. 

Lastly, the queen of Teachers Pay Teachers, Deanna Jump herself created the awesome Chit Chat packs which are awesome for Morning Message, introducing the alphabet, and phonemic awareness. 

There is my Throwback Thursday to my favorite Kinder activities! A little piece of my heart really misses those tiny little students who just adore coming to school every day. 

Before I go, I wanted to invite you to join me in signing up for Lessons With Coffee's monthly Slant Box exchange! This is my first time participating and I will definitely be back with pictures and comments. The way the exchange works is you sign up before the 4th of every month on her blog. Jameson will pair you up with a fellow teacher on the list and you will spend the month getting to know your partner! The boxes have themes, and this months theme is Fall Into Success in the classroom. There are rules to follow for the box you send and receive, and it is a great way to meet fellow teachers and bloggers! You do not have to be a blogger or a TPT seller to join and I think this is an amazing idea! Let me know if you decide to sign up! 

Thanks for reading and come back again soon.












3 comments:

  1. Hi Alexis,

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Please check out my blog on how to accept it =)

    A LoveLi Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nominated for the Liebster Award for fresh bloggers. I wanted to share the favor and nominated you. See my blog post to see how to accept.

    http://ohsnapelementary.blogspot.com/2014/10/sweet-nomination-liebster-award.html

    Also I see we were matched for the Slant Box. Hadn't heard from you, but I know I'm late to contact you. It's my first one. =)

    -Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis - Thought I'd let you know that I also nominated you for a Liebster! Check out the nomination by clicking here!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin