Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Teacher Week: organization


Alright I am here for a VERY quick post to continue the Teacher Week with Blog Hoppin. We were in professional development and meetings ALL DAY today and I could not be more ready to fall asleep and not wake up till next week (not gonna happen...I know).

Today is the Why Wednesday, and we are supposed to share organization tips. I have so many tips and tricks I have learned from other teachers around me, Pinterest, and blogs that I have followed since college. One of the tricks I put in place this year was hanging border inside cabinet doors. 


I saw this on pinterest, and it was one of those "Why did I never think of that!?" moments. I hung the command hooks, put binder clips on the border and hung them right up! The border that wouldn't  hang nicely just went into a ziploc and hangs behind to keep it out of the way.

The next organization tip I love is weekly drawer to hold papers, read aloud books, really anything I will be doing with the students that day! 

I started this my first year, and it has been a life saver in keeping me organized for the next week. Next to that you will see my lesson plan binder where I keep my standards, pacing guide, and weekly lesson plans. I keep that on an easel to make it easy to see for myself and for any one that comes in my room! I plan on changing the cover and the format this year but the idea stays the same.

Those are my organization tips! I have tons more I was wanting to show, but I was running low on time and energy trying to get ready for meet the teacher night tomorrow night! Click the button at the top to see the rest of the posts on organization, and thanks for reading!

Alexis



2 comments:

  1. What a good idea to hang stuff on the inside of your doors!
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin