Saturday, August 9, 2014

Five for Friday (on Saturday) and a Freebie for Follow!


It's time for... Five for Friday (on Saturday)! I missed Five for Friday because I was in the classroom almost ALL DAY setting things up getting ready for the new crew. I can hardly wait to see my new group of Second Graders in the room that I have worked so hard setting up. 



So, let's get to it!
Divider 1 

For starters how awesome is the back to school sale with Teachers Pay Teachers!? What an awesome opportunity to stock up on some activities for those chaos filled, first few weeks of school. I wanted to show you the items I moved from my wish list to my cart. 


I stocked up on some Melonheadz clipart which I LOVE! I purchased her school activity bundle to make some Daily 5 posters and anchor charts, and the Kidlettes bundle to add some cute kiddos to my future products that I'm working on. I bought the Cross Hatch papers from Sonya Dehart Design to add some great backgrounds to labels, charts, etc. The Back to School Editable to do lists and the 2nd grade Math and ELA workout bundle are from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd. These to do lists help me stay organized on all the many to do's, to buy's, and to make's before school and they are seriously so cute. The Math and ELA bundle is going to be an amazing way to get my kids back in the swing of things once school starts up. You can see a detailed description of those products on Ashley's blog here. That girl can put out some serious product! I also purchased the September No Prep Packet from The Moffatt Girls. This is a great packet for print and go things for those hectic moments of back to school. When I taught kinder I purchased all of their print and go packs and they are seriously AMAZING. They have packets for Kinder, First, and Second and you will love everything they put out. The last product I bought is something I have had my eye on for awhile now but most of it was a little advanced for my Kinder students. Now that I am moving to second it will be a perfect addition to small group and intervention time! The Flipping Phonics pack from Regan Tunstall is amazing and covers EVERYTHING from short and long vowel sounds to blends and word endings. She has a great post on her blog about this pack and how she sets up Guided Reading that you can read by clicking the picture below! 

So those are the products I bought and I am thrilled to start printing and laminating and getting them ready to use in the classroom!

Divider 2

Second, I went to Target for some  Back to School buys, because who doesn't love school supplies and new pens? 


I finally splurged and bought the Scotch thermal laminator and I am so glad I did! It is only $30.00 and totally worth the money. I have been wanting one for awhile and decided I would need it for all my new classroom labels etc. Well worth the buy! I have already been printing and laminating my Daily 5 posters and labels and love the way they are turning out. 



Divider 3 

Third, I have been working on my classroom since Thursday and have made some major progress but it still feels like I have lots of ground to cover! When there is no air conditioning it seems like you start to just pace the room and move piles from corner to corner am I right? I moved to my second grade classroom at the end of the year and there is nothing on the walls or in it's place. So here is what I am working with. 



What an eye sore....That green wall y'all. Needless to say I am exhausted from trying to cover the wall. 


People have no idea how much work goes into hanging things on cement walls! I am so pleased with how it turned out though. I plan on using the bottom portion for my word wall, and the top portion for displaying student work. 

Divider 4 

Number 4...I have been spending the week preparing for my sweet husbands birthday! He is crazy about birthdays and goes to the moon and back every year for mine so I wanted him to feel just as special. We had so much fun celebrating with his favorite breakfast, surprise dinner with friends, and trying out a fun new place downtown with live music. I love birthdays! 


Divider 5 

Besides all of that, I have been working on several products to try and get my TPT store up and running, but I have also been working on stuff for my classroom! We are starting Daily 5 and CAFE this year and I am excited about the structure, but it also means changing what I was already doing. After talking with my new team and realizing a modified Daily 5 is more fit to our schedule I came up with what I think it will look like in my classroom! We all know it will probably change again by the end of the year but I at least have the basic outline. I am thinking of doing a post later on about the details, but here is a look at what I have so far. 


What do you think? I love the way the posters look in my classroom, and the schedule works out perfectly and is really flexible! If you would like a copy of this HUGE Daily 5 bundle that includes posters that can be hung or turned into a clip chart, anchor charts for setting expectations, and check off sheets for student folders, follow the blog and leave a comment with your e-mail! I had a friend yesterday say "I would love to follow your blog but I have no idea how to do that". If you are unsure how to follow, just click the button on the right hand side of the blog that says "Join this Site" and you can sign in with your G-mail or google account. You can also follow by email by just typing in your e-mail address where it says "Follow by e-mail". Can't wait to give this huge bundle away!

Thanks for reading!

Alexis

6 comments:

  1. Please come do my room next!! The end.
    Megan :-)

    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan I will gladly come to your room next! Let me just catch up on sleep for a few days first!

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I am also trying to change up my Daily 5 routine this year to accomodate our schedule so maybe this will help! :)

    vertzk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin, the Daily 5 bundle is headed your way! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I am really enjoying your blog so far! Can't wait to use your product! Good luck with everything!

    shawakaneewillis@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ShaWakanee, thanks so much for reading!

      Make sure you follow the blog and then I can send the bundle your way! Thanks!

      Alexis

      Delete

LinkWithin