Sunday, August 10, 2014

Classroom management Goals

Hey there! It has been a beutiful Sunday here with church, lunch cooked by the hubby, and a calorie blasting workout (I hated every second of it don't worry I DO NOT enjoy that treadmill). This blogging thing can be quite addicting and during my workout I couldn't help but think about my next post! I also created a Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who instagram account which I am so excited about. Social media is easily the fastest way to make friends in this community!

As the summer comes to a close, I'm sure we are all thinking what we want to change, add, take away, and just down right do better in our classrooms. That first year I remember looking back and thinking, "If I only knew about raising numbers instead of hands" or "why didn't I think of a sharp and dull pencil bucket!?". Since we are teachers and we are always changing and improving to make ourselves and our classrooms better, I thought I would share some of my personal Classroom Management goals for the 2014-2015 school year. So let's get to it! 



My first goal for the new year is to create a sub tub.  I am sure you have seen tons of these floating around on Pinterest and there are even complete bundles that you can purchase on TPT, but my goal is to create my own specific to my students needs and abilities. The picture of the Sub Tub above is my inspiration from Amy Lemons at Step into Second Grade.  Click on the link to read her awesome post about how she set up her Sub Tub. 

The second goal is to implement reward coupons into the classroom rather than tangible rewards like McDonald's toys from a treasure box. Let's be honest....we all hate trying to fill the treasure box, we forget to give the kids treasure box as we are walking out the door on Friday, and the kids loose the items from the treasure box before they ever leave the building! The picture above is from Mel D at Seusstastic. Click her link to see the blogpost about her awesome reward coupons on TPT and how she uses them in the classroom. There are tons of way to use these little guys, but my plan is to use them alongside my classroom clip chart. I use a clip chart for good and bad behavior where the students have the opportunity to move down for bad choices, as well as up for good choices. This year my plan is when the students move up they will be rewarded with a punch on their punch card and every 5 punches is a reward coupon!  Last year I used tickets towards treasure box which just got messy so I will keep you posted on how the punch cards work out. 

The last goal for classroom management is reminder bracelets. This is not my idea and there are tons of these bracelets on TPT. The example shown above can be found here. My plan is to create my own specific to my needs, and how awesome will it be to print, cut, and staple reminders right onto the kids hands!? I hate telling the kids as they walk out the door "Don't forget your Scholastic orders" or "Bring a sack lunch for the field trip". With these little reminders it is on their wrist for the student and their parents to see. Genius. 

Well those are my 2014-2015 classroom management goals. I hope I have inspired you to take a step back and think about what you can change, start, or create to help make your classroom a well oiled machine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower! You just started following me on IG so I had to check you out. This is an adorable blig, I will come back and visit! I have taught 36 years of 2nd grade and I do believe it's the best grade! However this fall I'm doing kindergarten.....yes, I'll gladly accept some prayers! There is a giveaway going in today that you might want to enter. You can read more about it on my blog.
    Patty
    Second In Line

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty thank you so much for the feedback! I will definitely go check out your blog and the giveaway! I taught two years in Kinder and I am moving to second this year so we should definitely collaborate haha! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

LinkWithin