Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A Peek at My Week linky

Anyone else having trouble sleeping in these days leading up to going back to school?? I knew the night before school started I would be on edge, but two weeks early!? Geesh. I have been staying up past midnight making things for my classroom, adding things to my to do list which seems to never get smaller, and blog stalking to get some great ideas for this new year in Second Grade. Since I am getting no sleep, I woke this morning less than enthused to start my day so I turned to my new Keurig Rivo. I hit the largo button, added extra foam, and crawled back into my cave until the caffeine kicked in. What is a Rivo you ask? 

Rivo® Cappuccino & Latte System 

No I am not advertising for Keurig, I just think everyone should experience this. It makes Cappuccino's and Latte's and with the right creamer they REALLY taste like Starbucks! Yes it costs an arm and a leg, and yes it takes up a lot of counter space, but I am pretty sure I am going to be a better teacher thanks to this machine right here. End of advertisement. 

Mrs. Wills over at Mrs. Wills' Kindergarten is having a linky that she has done for three years now called A peek at my week! I have always been amazed at her visual plans that she shares and now I know how she does it! Click on that link above, and she shares videos on how to make your own visual plans. AMAZING. 

Since I don't start school till the 25th, I am just going to share my daily schedule that I came up with inspired by DeeDee's daily schedule she shares with parents. Wouldn't it be awesome as a parent to receive something like this at the beginning of the year? 

I like the idea of giving parents not only a schedule but showing them what we are learning during that time! So here is my idea of what my day will look like, and I am going to attempt to link up my visual plans this year with DeeDee for A Peek at My Week! 

Click the link below to see all the other awesome visual plans. Thanks for visiting! 

Alexis



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a veeeeery long day! I'm from Australia and we start at 8:50 and kids go home at 3:00. I would find it really difficult to teach for such a long time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Femke,
      Wow! What an awesome schedule you have! 7:30-3:45 is definitely a long day and most days I stay till 4:30 or 5:00 planning for the next day. I would love your schedule!

      Alexis

      Delete

LinkWithin